Icon of the Mother of God of Lubech

Commemorated on May 7

The Lubech Icon of the Mother of God received its name from the city of Lubech, on the outskirts of Chernigov. The icon manifested itself during the eleventh century. The miracles of this icon were described by Saint Demetrius of Rostov. In 1653, when an invasion of the Poles against Lubech was imminent, they sent the icon to Kiev. In 1701 after the restoration, they returned the icon to the Lubech church in honor of the Resurrection of Christ, and an exact copy was left in the cathedral of Holy Wisdom (Hagia Sophia) in Kiev.

18 мая 2017 г.

Православие.Ru рассчитывает на Вашу помощь!
Храм Новомученников Церкви Русской. Внести лепту

Подпишитесь на рассылку Православие.Ru

Рассылка выходит два раза в неделю:

  • В воскресенье — православный календарь на предстоящую неделю.
  • Новые книги издательства Сретенского монастыря.
  • Специальная рассылка к большим праздникам.